Sunday 27 July 2008

Books and recommendations

Doing a bit of research is always good when you are going to read/buy a book.Though my own experience says, there is absolutely no guarantee that after a lot of research you will end up with a book that you will like.Human beings are different and something that is mind blowing for me , can be disgusting for you.Still people recommend and we often believe in the recommendations.
I used to be a member of couple of libraries but not anymore. I buy all my books now and when I decide to read any book , I don't read the plot or the review or absolutely anything.I just pick it up and start reading the content and allow the author to take me for a ride, without any expectations that can be formed by the reviews or the plot. it is kind of unusual but that is how I do it! Whenever I finish a book which lives up to my expectations, I give myself a pat on the back for buying it.The sense of satisfaction in that case is impeccable and usually I don't start my next book for at least couple of days.But on the other hand when I fail to finish off a book, I wonder what made me spend my hard earned money on this disgusting piece of work and ask myself, shall we give the author one more chance? Buying books is a gamble for me but so far I feel it is worth the risk!
So here I'm , recommending my favorite books to you and I expect at least some of you to get back to me with your honest opinions.

No comments: