Sunday 27 July 2008

Creature:- A disturbing ride!

Creature by John Saul is one of the first novel that I read and had no expectations from it when I picked it up from a stall for just Rs 20! After 3 days when I finished the book, I felt that I was very lucky to get such an amazing novel for such a throw-away prize.It is a disturbing thriller and very well paced. The story takes its time to build up and so don’t expect a Dan Brown style murder at the first page! It is a story of a perfect family moving to a new place and then how things slowly start changing.I'm sure you all will fall in love with Mark Tanner who can easily be your own brother or the guy next door.
First chapters allow the story to grow and once you realize that something is wrong, I bet you just can’t leave it. I remember canceling all my commitments and finishing the last 80% of the book in a single day. Saul has this ability to create a CHILLING factor out of nowhere which I enjoyed thoroughly. For people who like stories which will keep you guessing and who believe that sometimes being too perfect can take its tool, its a must read.
I've read few more of Saul and found him repetitive in his approach.For those who have never tried him, pick this one and have a go.
You will enjoy the book more if you love any form of sports. This book changed my perception to a certain extent and I realized that you need to accept and love your dear ones for just the way they are!

No comments: